Friday, July 9, 2010

Dino Diaper

Never in my life have I had such a vested interest in the p word.  That's right. . . poop.  It must be one of those unexpected but guaranteed aspects of motherhood.  After over a week of nothing but wet diapers, the Dinobaby FINALLY WENT!  Remember that scene from Jurassic Park?  It was something like that, but on a smaller scale and, very thankfully, inside a diaper.

What's that you say?  That's disgusting?  Uh, you're tellin' me!  You're welcome for the visual aid.  If any anything, be thankful that it could remind you of Jeff Goldblum who is oddly attractive as Dr. Malcolm.

Strangely, I think that my child finally pooping is the highlight of my week.  Seeing him in any form of discomfort is terrible, but I was starting to worry that it might lead to a trip to the doctor or hospital for more uh, invasive? procedures.  As completely weird and icky as the process was to actually get him to go, I'm glad that we're not taking him to the hospital for anything serious.  I won't describe any of the yucky stuff, but know that it was weeeeird.  But necessary.  But weird.  Good thing we can avoid this situation in the future with better baby nutrition.

Remember the P foods!  Peaches, pears, prunes, aPricots, and peas.

To celebrate his new freedom, Dinobaby's screeching like a pterodactyl and attempting to rip down our vertical blinds and/or break his father's Guitar Hero instruments.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment